Revisiting Angkor

Faces of Bayon

This is not my first time traveling to Cambodia. The memory of Angkor Wat from the first visit 4 years ago though, was fading away slowly.

For this time, as with the last trip to Japan, I went there again because I followed YN to the conference, only this time I was not on my own to explore the Angkor but with my 3 other friends.

How could I forget the Bayon temple, with the faces of Avalokitesvara looming all over the towers? Being the center of Angkor Thom, it doesn't disappoint me that it was once the capital city of Khmer empire.

Bayon, before we left

Bayon evening

Mr Vonny and Me

The jungle temples: Preah Khan and Ta Prohm. I would have thought that Ta Prohm would be more impressive because of the fame it gained from Tomb Raider's movie, but Preah Khan, or the Sacred Sword proved that they are equally impressive.

Preah Khan:

Preah Khan

Mr Vonny and a Tourist girl

One of Preah Khan's trees

Ta Prohm:

Ta Prohm

Ta Prohm

Ta Prohm

In my previous visit to Angkor Wat, I missed Beng Mealea, and did not even know about its existence. This time, it became my must-go. Together with Me Chrei, both out of the way from the main temple complex but definitely worth visiting.

Beng Mealea

Beng Mealea and me

Me Chrei, slightly off the main road not far from Beng Mealea.

Me Chrei

Me Chrei

Inside Me Chrei


I hate crowd. Other than Me Chrei, Tanei temple inside the Angkor archaeological complex that Mr Vonny introduced us to is so quiet and isolated. And I love that.

Tanei

The Silver Tree

I actually made a photobook to document these 5 days short break. Nepal's trip? Next to go!

Comments

Popular Posts